Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Klamath Falls Post Office... Part 1

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Klamath Falls, OR, the post office offers some of the best people watching ever... yes folks even better than Wal-Mart!

A recent memory makes me wish I had not left my cell phone in the car while waiting in the 18 mile long line... that way the image could be burned into all of our heads. While waiting during the Christmas rush to pick up something hopefully worthwhile (gotta love those damn yellow slips), I was blessed with 27 people ahead of me in line... a few people there like me for work... 8 eldery folks sending packages to their families... a few sending things to a troop deployed... the few randoms that need money orders (you know the ones I mean... missing a few teeth and sometimes they give off offensive odors) and then there was the random stout man standing directly behind me... practically humping my leg. Have people really not heard of personal space? I kept like stepping on his foot and elbowing him to keep him off of my ass... but he didn't get the point. Lordy it took every ounce of patience in me not to turn around, put my knee in his junk and tell him if he grazes my ass on more fucking time I would knock his damn head off. Needless to say, I kindly turned and smiled and said please give me 1 foot of room... I have space issues LOL. Yeah space issues... as in get out of my fucking personal bubble! Now if he was sexy... young... yummy to look at he could have grazed my ass anyday! Now where was I... whew I need to get my composure here. Ok what fascinated me most of being in line that day was the fantastic fashions the people of Klamath shared that day... the wonderful assortment of grotesque Christmas sweaters... the interesting combinations of hats, coats, gloves and layers of clothing with the knee high geriatric-esque snow boots laced over the pants... but my personal favorite was the lovely lady wearing her fuzzy bright yellow snow boots with pink capri jammie bottoms and a multi-colored tank top... because I know when it is snowing that is the best combination of items to keep warm. Not only did I find it fantastic, but the older woman mean mugging me in line now had a new person to glare at. To the colorfully dressed and obviously 'high on life' woman of the post office I salute you... it takes a real woman to walk out the door looking like rainbow bright on crack...

No comments:

Post a Comment