Thursday, January 28, 2010

Clarification

So today I posted a status message on facebook that seemed to ruffle a lot of feathers... usually I am all for ruffling feathers, but this topic in particular really hit a nerve with a few people. Most of you know I am quite sarcastic and say whatever is on my mind. My intentions are not to offend people, but rather to shed light on things most people are too big of pussy ass bitches to say. Let's get to it then...

You know what...I am just going to start out with a super short history recap of the fabulous miss Jessica... do you know exactly who I am? I grew up in Klamath Falls, OR... I graduated high school early... worked my ass off and took some college classes in high school. Had an internship at OIT when I was 16 for the Applied Environmental Sciences Department... it was pretty sweet... I won the science fair in high school my junior year. Yes nerd extraordinaire I know... went to college at Uni of Oregon.. yes I was a duck. I dropped out after 2 years... I felt bad for wasting money and frankly felt like I was wasting my time. When I got to college I expected to learn something... NOT to go to class to learn things I was taught in the 10th grade. When at college I had an awesome opportunity to go to New York for the summer doing an internship in marketing. Crazy shit... long crazy summer! SO it's not as if I was raised in bfe with no life experience.... lol well alright I was raised in bfe, but that is beside the point.

Now that you have a bit of history on me... I gotta get something off my chest... I love all of the people in my life dearly, but it kills me that so many are closed minded... especially in the times we are living in. I grew up in a very conservative rural community... somehow I became the opinionated bitch I am today in the midst of all that. To this day it literally kills me that there are people I know and associate with that are outright bigots, racists etc etc that do not welcome change at all. I am not saying it's not ok to have an opinion and support your own ideas! However, still using racist and ignorant terms really does bother me. People are people... we are all unique and special in our own ways. It has nothing to do with our race, class, sex, sexual orientation... etc etc. Yes I said sex... in the town I am from there are still a lot of sexist people that do not think women should be in certain industries and visa versa. It is crazy to me that if someone is qualified for a job that they do not get it because of how they look etc. How is this still possible in this day and age. I swear if I was alive in the 1920's I would have been in jail with Alice Paul and Lucy Burns... picketing Wilson... one of the 'radicals' that just wanted to be able to be a citizen... less than 100 years since women could even vote... how far we have come, but how much farther we need to go. I suppose that is why I am so strong... people need to know what is up and just be respectful of who other people are as individuals... not liking everyone, but appreciating the differences. The differences are what make life fun :-)

I guess I just needed to say that and remind people that no matter if you like what I have to say or not it is not going to stop me. It may bother you as I have stated some things that bother me, but I do not want you to agree with me.... well actually I think I should be president of the world someday LOL... kidding (or am I). The thing that cracks me up the most is when someone tells me I am closed minded because I speak the way I do (how closed minded are the ones that tell everyone else how closed minded they are)... I am just stating my opinion here people... smile... know that you are the only one that can make yourself happy and stop trying to appease the world... if you look in the mirror and are happy that is all that matters.

"If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have paradise in a few years."
Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

No comments:

Post a Comment