Sunday, April 11, 2010

Vegas... Getting there/Day 1

Ok so it has been a little bit since I have gone on a real vacation right people... so I have made my way to the fabulous Las Vegas Nevada. It is just a quick 11.5 hour drive down through barren open lands... which actually are quite beautiful. I am a road warrior... I only stop 3 times... when I am going somewhere I just like to get there and not fuss about everything. It was a pretty smooth trip down though and it was nice to clear my head and focus on myself for once. I got up at 3am and finished packing.. got ready and was on the road at 430am... pulled into Vegas at approximately 345pm... then got stuck in traffic on the 15 south for about 30 minutes.... nightmare! But all in all and smooth trip and good time was made :-) On the way down I say a lot of places closes from the economy in that smaller towns... it was kind of sad because I know it is going to be awhile before things turn around here too. The thing that surprised me the most way the whore houses... of all the lady ranches I passed only 1 was still open... what is the world coming to when people do not even have money to keep brothels open... I mean really LOL. Seriously though it makes me feel very blessed to be able to have a roof over my head on a daily basis and be able to take time of and go on a vacation... even if I do not have money to spend while on vacation... this is Vegas... plenty to do for free :-) Ok so confession... I brought a ton of alcohol with me.... just a perk of being able to drive here :-) that was I can people watch have fun and be sauced without it costing a penny... I have been hoarding good vodka in my freezer for like a year now... figured this was as good of time as any to use it :-)

Ok so once I arrived in Vegas I met up with the fabulous Sally Sloan (Brown)... we got ourselves put together and made our way (stumbled) to the strip. There were some crazy ladies on the shuttle from the condo with us... this lady was awesome... just like me... no filter on anything she says. Made me laugh so much! So I guess it is true people... I am a sassy black woman trapped in some white bitches body LOL I now understand myself...this is a thing of beauty to know :-). We arrived at the fabulous Caesar's Palace... we found out Caesar moved out last year after the Hangover movie came out because too many people were stalking him :-) Ok maybe not, but it sounds good. There was a line around the block to get into Pure night club and everyone was rude so we said fuck it and just started wandering around the forum shops... somehow we ended up outside and down the street to the Venetian... Tao night club had a line all the way out past the shops where the gondola rides are.... and everyone was dressed like a total ho... we were dressed ho casual with jeans and slutty shirts... apparently that was not good enough for Vegas LOL. I thought so but whatever. We made our way to the Grand Luxe cafe for a midnight snack and drinks... good drinks! Somehow we stumbled around and met a bunch of people until about 2 am when this town car driver swooped us up and brought us home. Very nice guy! I am very lucky to meet good genuine people when in Vegas.

I just want to say sorry to anyone I drunk texted or dialed last night... love you all! Tonight is round 2 and I am excited to go to a few new places we have not been yet and meet more people :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment