Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vegas... Final Post

Ok - Vegas is bitchin' people! And by bitchin' I mean totally fucking awesome! It is much different trip for me this time though... I am not looking for anything... just having fun with Sally and spending time with my Brother. As I get older I realize the most important things to me are family and friends because at the end of the day if the whole world goes to shit, that is all you have.

I have had a lot of great food in Vegas... pasta galore and cheesecake :-) Ryan/Ellen and I went to the most amazing restaurant I have ever been to in my life! It over looked the airport and the strip... I had an amazing concoction of pasta and fillet Minot... melted in my mouth like butter! The best part of the restaurant would have to be the service... this was the type of restaurant with old school service, class and style. The maitre d' greets you and accompanies you to your table... kisses your cheeks and pulls your chair out for you... places the napkin in your lap. Then a gentleman bring waters and drink for the table... someone else brings the salads, another the entree and another brings the dessert. The manager stops at each table for a few genuine moments to make sure everything is absolutely perfect and when you leave yo feel like a million bucks. I am not one for fancy restaurants where you need to dress up, but this was a great experience. Usually when you go to a swanky joint, they make you feel less than worthy to dine there, but this place made you feel special. That is how I strive to be with the clients I have at my office... welcomed, well cared for and like a million bucks when hey leave. It was amazing to have that kind of excellence, since it is so rare in this day and age.

The day after the amazing dinner Ryan and I went up to Mount Charleston for lunch. This place is less than an hour away from Las Vegas and it is like a magical castle hidden away in the hills. There was still a lot of snow up on it and the lodge/cabins were so cute and quaint! It was like being up on a cloud and floating above everything... time stood still and my brother and I were able to just laugh and reminisce about things of the past. I always feel so good when I can spend time with my brother. Besides the one I love, he is the only one that seems to truly get me and understand me as a person... it is refreshing :-)

The last part of my trip I took a few days to do absolutely nothing... then I got 2 new tattoos. There is something so meditative about getting tattooed that I love. The pain releases a lot of pent up sadness, anger and hurt in my life. Whenever I am able to get work done I truly feel little weights lifted off of me and floating above the world. It is an experience that always seem to clear my head and focus me on exactly what I need in life at that moment. Friends and family are what I am focused on right now and myself... I am going to focus on being the best possible version of myself I can be...

No comments:

Post a Comment