Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Open Heart/Open Mind

So recently I have been having memories from several years ago... like almost 10 years ago. It is quite odd to me only for the fact that I have repressed many of these memories, not on purpose, but I just was unable to remember part of my life. May seem strange to some, but kind of how I have been. I am not sure why these memories have been emerging, but in a way I am glad. To truly move on in life we need to remember our past, reconcile any issues we have had and then face our future with a clear heart and mind. For this I am grateful! Maybe it has been the time I have spent away on vacation that has allowed me to clear everything out, but for once I truly feel this is where I am suppose to be and moving in the direction I want to move as a person.

I have been catching up on some reality shows I recorded when I was on vacation and if you really watch them with an open mind you can actually learn something from them! I watched Tough Love Couples with Steve Ward... that dude is no joke... he lays it all on the line and is down right honest. From watching that show I actually see maybe why some of my relationships have been so rocky (not just because some of them were lame ass drug addict piece of shit motherfuckers). I tend to have a hard time trusting people and letting the negative go. This is a personal struggle for me and one that takes time to repair. I know how I react to certain situations and I need to remember just because something happened in the past, does not mean it is going to happen in the future. We are all human, including myself, and second chances need to be given with an open heart and open mind if love is really going to flourish. If something is worth that love, then those steps need to be taken or love will vanish...

No comments:

Post a Comment